When we arrived at our home exchange flat in Madrid, the first thing we saw was an extremely realistic bronze lamp lighter. During our visit, we found four other bronze statues of the same kind plus a “fake” one in the form of a “living statue”. It was amusing to see how people would give them a friendly pat on the back as they went past.
Insights into the French way of life and European travels by an Australian living in Paris and the Loire ValleyHeader photo: Closerie Falaiseau in May, Blois. All photos on website copyright by Rosemary Kneipp unless specified otherwise. All rights reserved.
Sign up for the latest posts below and don’t forget to click the confirmation email link:
Loire Valley Accommodation!Stay in our beautiful 400-year old Renaissance house in the Loire Valley. Click on Gîte Loire Valley above. We still have vacancies from 14th to 18th August and 25th August to 6th September. 3-night minimum stay.
- Friday’s French – coussiège, cushion & siège
- Weekly Blogger Round-Up: Aperitivo in Italy – Cycling the Nantes-Brest Canal – Cruising through Iceland
- Cycling to the Rendez-vous du Chocolat at Château de Villesavin
- Friday’s French – piles, batteries & torches
- Weekly Blogger Round-Up: Fête des vendanges on the French Riviera – October events in France – Alba Iulia in Romania