When we arrived at our home exchange flat in Madrid, the first thing we saw was an extremely realistic bronze lamp lighter. During our visit, we found four other bronze statues of the same kind plus a “fake” one in the form of a “living statue”. It was amusing to see how people would give them a friendly pat on the back as they went past.
Insights into the French way of life and European travels by an Australian living in Paris and the Loire ValleyHeader photo: The Tuileries Gardens in Paris. All photos on website copyright by Rosemary Kneipp unless specified otherwise. All rights reserved.
Loire Valley Accommodation!Stay in our beautiful 400-year old Renaissance house in the Loire Valley. Click on Gîte Loire Valley above. We still have vacancies from 14th to 18th August and 25th August to 6th September. 3-night minimum stay.
Sign up for the latest posts below and don’t forget to click the confirmation email link:
- Cycling along the Danube – a Renaissance Festival in Neuburg, Bavaria | Aussie in France on Cyclng in Germany #15 – Turgermünde, the prettiest village on the Elbe
- Cycling in Germany #11 – Martin Luther Country: Torgau | Aussie in France on Eurovelo 6 – Cycling around Lake Constance
- Cycling in Germany #11 – Martin Luther Country: Torgau | Aussie in France on Cycling in Germany #17 – Windmills and Dykes
- Cycling in Germany #13: Wörlitz Gardens and the beginning of German Neo-classicism | Aussie in France on Cycling in Germany # 3 – Cochem to Zell on the Moselle
- Cyclng in Germany #15 – Turgermünde, the prettiest village on the Elbe | Aussie in France on Cycling in Germany #4 – Koblenz where the Moselle meets the Rhine