When we arrived at our home exchange flat in Madrid, the first thing we saw was an extremely realistic bronze lamp lighter. During our visit, we found four other bronze statues of the same kind plus a “fake” one in the form of a “living statue”. It was amusing to see how people would give them a friendly pat on the back as they went past.
Insights into the French way of life and European travels by an Australian living in the Loire ValleyHeader photo: Blois in spring, 2016. All photos on website copyright by Rosemary Kneipp unless specified otherwise. All rights reserved.
Sign up for the latest posts below and don’t forget to click the confirmation email link:
Loire Valley Accommodation!Stay in our beautiful 400-year old Renaissance house in the Loire Valley. Click on Gîte Loire Valley above. Accommodates 2 to 4 adults. 3-night minimum stay.
Live like a local and improve your French!
- Cycling along the Romantic Road in Bavaria #8 – Tauberbishofsheim to Creglingen on
- Cycling Along the Neckar in Germany – #1 – Ludwigsburg on
- Cycling along the Danube – Watch out for trains! on
- Cycling in Germany #11 – Martin Luther Country: Torgau on
- Cycling in Germany #2 – Rhine from St Goar to Lorch on