When we arrived at our home exchange flat in Madrid, the first thing we saw was an extremely realistic bronze lamp lighter. During our visit, we found four other bronze statues of the same kind plus a “fake” one in the form of a “living statue”. It was amusing to see how people would give them a friendly pat on the back as they went past.
Insights into the French way of life by an Australian living in ParisHeader photo: Palais Royal in spring 2014. All photos on website copyright by Rosemary Kneipp unless specified otherwise. All rights reserved.
Loire Valley Accommodation!Stay in our beautiful 400-year old Renaissance house in the Loire Valley. Click on Gîte Loire Valley above. We still have vacancies from 14th to 18th August and 25th August to 6th September. 3-night minimum stay.
Sign up for the latest posts below and don’t forget to click the confirmation email link:
- William Kendall on Friday’s French – travail
- Friday’s French – travail | Aussie in France on Friday’s French – travaux
- Rosemary Kneipp on A Laundry in a French House No Less! #1
- Melodie K. on A Laundry in a French House No Less! #1
- The Natural Skinnies and Us | Aussie in France on How I lost 20 kilos after 50, for good – well, almost – part 7