Insights into the French way of life and European travels by an Australian living in the Loire ValleyHeader photo: Blois in spring, 2016. All photos on website copyright by Rosemary Kneipp unless specified otherwise. All rights reserved.
Sign up for the latest posts below and don’t forget to click the confirmation email link:
Loire Valley Accommodation!Stay in our beautiful 400-year old Renaissance house in the Loire Valley. Click on Gîte Loire Valley above. Accommodates 2 to 4 adults. 3-night minimum stay.
Live like a local and improve your French!
- Friday’s French – courant, current, actuel, actual on
- Gaudi’s Fabulous Facades on
- Friday’s French – normalement, normal & norme on
- A safe travel guide for solo woman travellers – Scenery, sunshine and saddle bags on the Austrian Lakes – Paris-Orly train transfer tips on
- Friday’s French – autant pour moi – au temps pour moi on
Tag Archives: savoir-vivre in English
Friday’s French – savoir-faire, savoir-vivre, savoir-être, know-how, expertise, interpersonal skills
Savoir-faire looks like a word that should mean the same in French and in English. But it doesn’t! Savoir-faire in English is the ability to act or speak appropriately in social situations. Savoir-faire in French, however, means skills acquired by … Continue reading