Blois is in the heart of the Loire Valley and built on the Loire River. These photos are all of Gabriel Bridge, except the last, which is a gabarre, a traditional sailing boat for transporting goods.
Insights into the French way of life and European travels by an Australian living in Paris and the Loire ValleyHeader photo: Meissen on the Elbe River in Germany. All photos on website copyright by Rosemary Kneipp unless specified otherwise. All rights reserved.
Loire Valley Accommodation!Stay in our beautiful 400-year old Renaissance house in the Loire Valley. Click on Gîte Loire Valley above. We still have vacancies from 14th to 18th August and 25th August to 6th September. 3-night minimum stay.
Sign up for the latest posts below and don’t forget to click the confirmation email link:
- Cycling along the Danube – the Aussie Cyclists | Aussie in France on Cycling along the Danube – Ehingen to Ulm
- Cycling in Germany – Tips & Tricks | Aussie in France on Cycling along the Danube – the Aussie Cyclists
- Rosemary Kneipp on Dijon more than cuts the mustard – Coffee Culture in Paris – Open a Bottle of Wine with a Shoe –
- Jinni on Dijon more than cuts the mustard – Coffee Culture in Paris – Open a Bottle of Wine with a Shoe –
- Lorri on Cycling in Germany #20 – Trier and the Binoculars Scare