It’s easy to take a day trip to the little islands on the other side of the Venetian lagoon – Torcello, Burano and Murano. The most picturesque is Burano, which is actually a little achipelago of four islands, known for its brightly coloured homes and beautiful lacework. We succumbed to the charm of both. Even the dish antenna is painted pink in one of the photos!
Insights into the French way of life and European travels by an Australian living in Paris and the Loire ValleyHeader photo: The Tuileries Gardens in Paris. All photos on website copyright by Rosemary Kneipp unless specified otherwise. All rights reserved.
Loire Valley Accommodation!Stay in our beautiful 400-year old Renaissance house in the Loire Valley. Click on Gîte Loire Valley above. We still have vacancies from 14th to 18th August and 25th August to 6th September. 3-night minimum stay.
Sign up for the latest posts below and don’t forget to click the confirmation email link:
- Anda@Travel Notes & Beyond on Last Three Months in Paris
- Francoise on Last Three Months in Paris
- Cycling in Germany #5 – Bad Schandau to Pirna along the Elbe | Aussie in France on Cycling along the Danube – Ehingen to Ulm
- Cycling along the Danube – Regensburg and the Altmuhle | Aussie in France on Heading Home to France after a Month’s Cycling Holiday
- Cycling along the Danube – Regensburg and the Altmuhle | Aussie in France on Cycling in Germany #7 – Dresden: Accommodation & Car Trouble and Baroque Treasure