You may be wondering what the Best Australian Blogs 2012 and Vote for Me Now badges are doing on my blog. Well it’s a competition run by the Sydney Writers’ Centre and I have been kindly nominated by a fellow blogger. I’m competing with an impressive 1023 other Australian bloggers!
Bloggers are understandably judged on the quality of their writing (70%), presentation and usability (20%) and engagement and social media integration (10%). The judges will be looking at conversations in the comment section, guest bloggers, and the use of social media to promote the blog. So if you haven’t already “liked” my Facebook page – http://www.facebook.com/AussieFrance – this is the time to do so!
There’s also a People’s Choice round which is now open. Voting is unrestricted (you don’t have to be Australian) so if you enjoy reading my blog, feel free to vote for me! It’s very easy and only takes a second. Just follow the instructions below:
1) Click here or on the badge (www.surveymonkey.com/s/BAB2012 in case you have a problem).
2) Scroll down the first page until you find Aussie in France (the list is in alphabetical order)
3) TICK the box for Aussie in France (of course)
4) Click NEXT 5 times (voting for others on the way if you want)
5) Leave your name and email address
6) Click NEXT one last time and it’s finished.
If you’d like to tweet about your vote, the hashtag is #bestblogs2012.
The winner of the People’s Choice Award will be announced on Thursday 10 May 2012.
And while we’re on the subject of blogs, I’d like to thank all my readers for their comments and encouragements since my first post on 14th October 2011 about Leonardo Leaving the Nest. I’m not only able to give vent to my creative energies but also meeting new people across the globe who share the same interests as I do! I love meeting other bloggers as well – something I never expected.