Zadar is a fascinating mixture of old and new, including the Church of Saint Donat built in the 9th century, the remains of a Roman forum from the 1st century, modern shopping streets and the famous sea organ. The sea organ is a musical instrument consisting of tubes located under a set of large marble steps along the waterfront. As boats go by, the waves rush into the pipes and create random but harmonic sounds. It was made by the architect Nikola Bašić as part of a project to rehabilitate the waterfront and was inaugurated on 15th April 2005. It’s a very popular venue for the locals at sunset.
Insights into the French way of life by an Australian living in ParisPhoto: Blois in February 2014. All photos on website copyright by Rosemary Kneipp unless specified otherwise. All rights reserved.
Loire Valley Accommodation!Stay in our beautiful 400-year old Renaissance house in the Loire Valley. Click on Gîte Loire Valley above. We still have vacancies from 14th to 18th August and 25th August to 6th September. 3-night minimum stay.
Sign up for the latest posts below and don’t forget to click the confirmation email link:
- Photos of the Week – a Cubby House on the Loire
- Friday’s French – se rappeler, se souvenir, mémoire, souvenir
- Weekly Blogger Round-Up: Visiting Lisbon – Parliament House in Budapest – Being Polite in French
- An Orchid Exhibition and our Perfect New Neighbours
- Photos of the Week – Blois in early spring
- Rosemary Kneipp on Photos of the Week – a Cubby House on the Loire
- Susan Walter on Photos of the Week – a Cubby House on the Loire
- Rosemary Kneipp on Friday’s French – se rappeler, se souvenir, mémoire, souvenir
- Pamela on Friday’s French – se rappeler, se souvenir, mémoire, souvenir
- brigitte on Friday’s French – se rappeler, se souvenir, mémoire, souvenir