Zadar is a fascinating mixture of old and new, including the Church of Saint Donat built in the 9th century, the remains of a Roman forum from the 1st century, modern shopping streets and the famous sea organ. The sea organ is a musical instrument consisting of tubes located under a set of large marble steps along the waterfront. As boats go by, the waves rush into the pipes and create random but harmonic sounds. It was made by the architect Nikola Bašić as part of a project to rehabilitate the waterfront and was inaugurated on 15th April 2005. It’s a very popular venue for the locals at sunset.
Insights into the French way of life by an Australian living in ParisHeader photo: Palais Royal in spring 2014. All photos on website copyright by Rosemary Kneipp unless specified otherwise. All rights reserved.
Loire Valley Accommodation!Stay in our beautiful 400-year old Renaissance house in the Loire Valley. Click on Gîte Loire Valley above. We still have vacancies from 14th to 18th August and 25th August to 6th September. 3-night minimum stay.
Sign up for the latest posts below and don’t forget to click the confirmation email link:
- La France V.I.P. — Spend the night aboard a péniche (river barge) B&B on the Marne River in Epernay | Most Visited Destinations on A Barge on the Seine in Paris – what better holiday accommodation can you get?
- Rosemary Kneipp on Weekly Blogger Round-Up: Origin of the croissant – Road Trip to Romania – Le Petit Palais
- Rosemary Kneipp on An Easter Monday Birthday in Paris
- William Kendall on Weekly Blogger Round-Up: Origin of the croissant – Road Trip to Romania – Le Petit Palais
- William Kendall on An Easter Monday Birthday in Paris