Monday’s Travel Photos – Highlights of 2012

I wanted to pick out the highlights of my Monday’s Travel Photos posts in 2012 but rather than choose my own favourites, always a difficult task, I asked Relationnel to tell me which of my Monday’s travel photos he preferred month by month. These, of course, are not the places I went to in 2012, but taken from various holidays over the last few years. Which is your favourite? Or is there a photo you remember from another post that you prefer?

Lake Annecy, France

Brisbane, Australia

Brisbane, Australia

Il Babuino (the Baboon), Rome

Il Babuino (the Baboon), Rome

The Roman Forum

The Roman Forum

This entry was posted in Australia, Austria, Egypt, France, Italy, Prague, Saint Petersburg, Travel photos and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Monday’s Travel Photos – Highlights of 2012

1. Gigi says:

Lake Annecy for me 🙂 Reminds me of a stayover there..such a beautiful area..we experienced three seasons in 3 days ….coldest day EVER, well it felt like it..wondered why there was no-one around..guess we were the only STUPID ones to be out and about…I thought my ears were going to freeze off! then a warmer, sunny spring day…then we woke up to snow laiden rooftops! So amazing. Also took a boat cruise on this river..views to absolutely die for!

• Fraussie says:

Annecy certainly has very changing weather! We started out cycling around the lake in bright sunshine and finished in a cold downpour in the middle of July. But I agree, the views are stunning.

2. Jane's cousin says:

of those photos shortlisted today, I find the one of the Dancing House in
    Prague most striking. My architectural genes kicked in. I wonder what my grandfather who designed our parish church would have thought of it. Of course I googled it to see and learn more about it. I really like the view from the river but find the view from the side street, with the curved glass unsettling.

• Fraussie says:

It’s amaazing, isn’t it? Prague has a greater range of architecture than any other city I’ve seen yet, including Paris and London.

3. butcherbird says:

Some photos I like because of the artistry and others I like because of the beauty. I think the Dancing House is certainly very interesting – has appeal as well as strangeness – a bit like the building near your area in Paris that seems to have a ‘cover’ over the whole building.
    The canals in St Petersburg remind me of a highlight of my trip there in 2009. I did a canal boat tour at midnight and during the tour we went out to the sea and passed under the bridges and soon the bridges opened! Besides being a fantastic experience to see the bridges like this it was a relatively cheap tour for a few hours duration.

4. Lyn says:

I loved them all, what wonderful places you have visited.