Spring is without doubt the best time to go to Venice. The wisteria is out everywhere in April and it’s quite splendid. The photos below capture the essence of my Venice. Since we were there for a week and had a vaporetto pass, we took the time to venture outside the main tourist areas. One thing I remember is the somewhat misty light that pervades most of my photos. I also loved the slightly decrepit look of many of the palaces. And I absolutely adored the masks.
Insights into the French way of life and European travels by an Australian living in Paris and the Loire ValleyHeader photo: The Tuileries Gardens in Paris. All photos on website copyright by Rosemary Kneipp unless specified otherwise. All rights reserved.
Loire Valley Accommodation!Stay in our beautiful 400-year old Renaissance house in the Loire Valley. Click on Gîte Loire Valley above. We still have vacancies from 14th to 18th August and 25th August to 6th September. 3-night minimum stay.
Sign up for the latest posts below and don’t forget to click the confirmation email link:
- Friday’s French – prune and other metaphorical colours
- Blogger Round-Up: Kaunas Castle in the Baltics – Cycling planning tool for Europe – Paris bucket list
- The August Exodus
- Friday’s French – prochain, next, this, huitaine & quinzaine
- Weekly Blogger Round-Up: Leasing a vehicle in Europe – City map phone app – Stockholm in black & white
- William Kendall on Friday’s French – prune and other metaphorical colours
- Susan Walter on Friday’s French – prune and other metaphorical colours
- Promenade in the area of the Marais | Stendhal Syndrome English version on The Oldest House in Paris
- Sara @ SimplySaraTravel on Blogger Round-Up: Kaunas Castle in the Baltics – Cycling planning tool for Europe – Paris bucket list
- Cycling in Germany #11 – Martin Luther Country: Torgau | Aussie in France on Cycling on the Danube in Germany – Binzwangen to Mengen including Zwiefalten