Porec is on the peninsula of Istria, which lies in three countries: Italy, Croatia and Slovenia. Having visited all three countries, I would say that the cultural dominance is Italian. Porec itself is built on a peninsula and is famous for its 5th century basilica, Eufrazijana. It also has several Renaissance buildings.
Insights into the French way of life and European travels by an Australian living in the Loire ValleyHeader photo: Blois in spring, 2016. All photos on website copyright by Rosemary Kneipp unless specified otherwise. All rights reserved.
Sign up for the latest posts below and don’t forget to click the confirmation email link:
Loire Valley Accommodation!Stay in our beautiful 400-year old Renaissance house in the Loire Valley. Click on Gîte Loire Valley above. Accommodates 2 to 4 adults. 3-night minimum stay.
Live like a local and improve your French!
- Friday’s French – Minute papillon
- First Day in NYC – Ground Zero, Statue of Liberty & Times Square
- Why it’s so great to cycle in France – Experience France by Bike
- Getting to NYC from Blois
- Eurovélo 3 – Sainte-Catherine-de-Fierbois – Sainte-Maure-de-Touraine – Maillé : goats cheese, dolmens & massacres