Porec is on the peninsula of Istria, which lies in three countries: Italy, Croatia and Slovenia. Having visited all three countries, I would say that the cultural dominance is Italian. Porec itself is built on a peninsula and is famous for its 5th century basilica, Eufrazijana. It also has several Renaissance buildings.
Insights into the French way of life and European travels by an Australian living in Paris and the Loire ValleyHeader photo: The Tuileries Gardens in Paris. All photos on website copyright by Rosemary Kneipp unless specified otherwise. All rights reserved.
Loire Valley Accommodation!Stay in our beautiful 400-year old Renaissance house in the Loire Valley. Click on Gîte Loire Valley above. We still have vacancies from 14th to 18th August and 25th August to 6th September. 3-night minimum stay.
Sign up for the latest posts below and don’t forget to click the confirmation email link:
- karlfest on Photos of the Week – First Arrondissement
- Cycling on the Danube in Germany – Binzwangen to Mengen including Zwiefalten | Aussie in France on Cycling in Germany #10: Meissen
- Cycling in Germany #4 – Koblenz where the Moselle meets the Rhine | Aussie in France on Cycling in Germany #1 – Kobern Gondorf
- Cycling in Germany #18 – Painted façades from Hann Münden to Höxter | Aussie in France on Eurovelo 6 – Moos to Stein am Rhein and Steckborn on Lake Constance
- Cycling in Germany #18 – Painted façades from Hann Münden to Höxter | Aussie in France on Cycling in Germany #1 – Kobern Gondorf