Porec is on the peninsula of Istria, which lies in three countries: Italy, Croatia and Slovenia. Having visited all three countries, I would say that the cultural dominance is Italian. Porec itself is built on a peninsula and is famous for its 5th century basilica, Eufrazijana. It also has several Renaissance buildings.
Insights into the French way of life by an Australian living in ParisHeader photo: Palais Royal in spring 2014. All photos on website copyright by Rosemary Kneipp unless specified otherwise. All rights reserved.
Loire Valley Accommodation!Stay in our beautiful 400-year old Renaissance house in the Loire Valley. Click on Gîte Loire Valley above. We still have vacancies from 14th to 18th August and 25th August to 6th September. 3-night minimum stay.
Sign up for the latest posts below and don’t forget to click the confirmation email link:
- Weekly Blogger Round-Up: the San Pellegrino headquarters – Le Crotoy flea market – Gourd festival in Nice –
- A Laundry in a French House No Less! #1
- Photos of the Week – Wisteria & Lilies of the Valley
- Friday’s French – travaux
- Weekly Blogger Round-Up: Navigating Europe’s main airports – Riviera medieval festival – Packing Tips –
- Melodie K. on A Laundry in a French House No Less! #1
- The Natural Skinnies and Us | Aussie in France on How I lost 20 kilos after 50, for good – well, almost – part 7
- Rosemary Kneipp on A Laundry in a French House No Less! #1
- breadispain on A Laundry in a French House No Less! #1
- William Kendall on Weekly Blogger Round-Up: the San Pellegrino headquarters – Le Crotoy flea market – Gourd festival in Nice –