Porec is on the peninsula of Istria, which lies in three countries: Italy, Croatia and Slovenia. Having visited all three countries, I would say that the cultural dominance is Italian. Porec itself is built on a peninsula and is famous for its 5th century basilica, Eufrazijana. It also has several Renaissance buildings.
Insights into the French way of life and European travels by an Australian living in Paris and the Loire ValleyHeader photo: The Tuileries Gardens in Paris. All photos on website copyright by Rosemary Kneipp unless specified otherwise. All rights reserved.
Loire Valley Accommodation!Stay in our beautiful 400-year old Renaissance house in the Loire Valley. Click on Gîte Loire Valley above. We still have vacancies from 14th to 18th August and 25th August to 6th September. 3-night minimum stay.
Sign up for the latest posts below and don’t forget to click the confirmation email link:
- La Rentrée | Aussie in France on Leaving the nest
- The August Exodus | Aussie in France on Bus 72 to the Eiffel Tower
- La Rentrée | Aussie in France on The August Exodus
- An Anniversary Celebration at La Maison d’à côté in the Loire Valley | Aussie in France on Vouvray and a Troglodyte Restaurant
- Rosemary Kneipp on Friday’s French – cote, côte, coteau