Insights into the French way of life and European travels by an Australian living in the Loire ValleyHeader photo: Blois in spring, 2016. All photos on website copyright by Rosemary Kneipp unless specified otherwise. All rights reserved.
Sign up for the latest posts below and don’t forget to click the confirmation email link:
Loire Valley Accommodation!Stay in our beautiful 400-year old Renaissance house in the Loire Valley. Click on Gîte Loire Valley above. Accommodates 2 to 4 adults. 3-night minimum stay.
Live like a local and improve your French!
- Cycling along the Romantic Road in Bavaria #8 – Tauberbishofsheim to Creglingen on
- Cycling Along the Neckar in Germany – #1 – Ludwigsburg on
- Cycling along the Danube – Watch out for trains! on
- Cycling in Germany #11 – Martin Luther Country: Torgau on
- Cycling in Germany #2 – Rhine from St Goar to Lorch on
Tag Archives: foie gras
There was a time when we used to eat quite a lot of foie gras. In the winter, we would often rent a gîte for a long weekend somewhere in the country within a couple of hours from Paris and … Continue reading
Unfortunately, there is no Boxing Day in France. We had to pack up everything in Normandy and leave last night which was very sad. I couldn’t believe how much stuff we’d acquired in just over a week! There were all … Continue reading