Insights into the French way of life by an Australian living in ParisHeader photo: Palais Royal in spring 2014. All photos on website copyright by Rosemary Kneipp unless specified otherwise. All rights reserved.
Loire Valley Accommodation!Stay in our beautiful 400-year old Renaissance house in the Loire Valley. Click on Gîte Loire Valley above. We still have vacancies from 14th to 18th August and 25th August to 6th September. 3-night minimum stay.
Sign up for the latest posts below and don’t forget to click the confirmation email link:
- La France V.I.P. — Spend the night aboard a péniche (river barge) B&B on the Marne River in Epernay | Most Visited Destinations on A Barge on the Seine in Paris – what better holiday accommodation can you get?
- Rosemary Kneipp on Weekly Blogger Round-Up: Origin of the croissant – Road Trip to Romania – Le Petit Palais
- Rosemary Kneipp on An Easter Monday Birthday in Paris
- William Kendall on Weekly Blogger Round-Up: Origin of the croissant – Road Trip to Romania – Le Petit Palais
- William Kendall on An Easter Monday Birthday in Paris
Tag Archives: brocante
Until recently, I had never heard of a vide-armoires, which literally means “wardrobe emptier”. I have been to many vide-greniers (grenier means attic) and brocantes and had worked out the difference for myself. The vide-greniers provides the occasion for people … Continue reading
It hardly seems like a year ago that we got the keys to Closerie Falaiseau, our 400-year-old Renaissance house in Blois in the Loire Valley. We decided to take the weekend off and visit some more châteaux. We thought that … Continue reading
Yesterday was the first time I spent May Day in Blois. It was a good day. I woke up alive for the 3rd day running since I smashed my head into a very low authentic Renaissance beam at Closerie Falaiseau … Continue reading
It’s Wednesday again and I’ve found you some more great posts from other people’s blogs, starting with Vingt Paris Magazine giving us the best brocantes and flea markets in Paris, followed by Girls’ Guide to Paris with suggestions of places … Continue reading
Sunday being a day of rest, we decided to have a late brunch then visit one of the many châteaux in the Loire Valley with Thoughtful and Brainy Pianist who had come to spend the weekend with us. In the … Continue reading